Garage doors have come a long way over recent years. At the Garage Door and Automation Company, we always try and recommend the best quality doors for our clients, bearing in mind practicalities and budget. There are plenty of lower-quality doors on the market, bearing associated price-tags. However, these doors tend only to provide short-term solutions to long-term problems and, in the long-run, can end up costing far more than paying for something that does what it says on the tin. Here are the top five reasons to invest a little extra in the largest, moving part of your home:
- Insulation. Choosing the right garage door can help you to save money on your energy bills. Modern doors tend to be double-skinned and are designed to keep a garage warmer during the cold weather and cooler when it’s hot. A door’s efficacy is measured as a U-rating – something that our advisors will be only too happy to explain to you.
- Soundproofing. Whether you use your garage to keep your car in, as a study or as a playroom for the kids, you may want to prevent unwanted sounds coming in or out. The best garage doors have soundproofing built-in, dampening any sounds to a bare minimum.
- Safety. Children are particularly at risk when it comes to garage doors. Modern, automated doors have safety-features built in to minimise the potential for accidents.
- Security. Many of us keep valuable or important items in our garages – unaware that a low-quality door offers little or no protection. Better-quality garage doors have formidable locking mechanisms that are often enough to deter opportunist thieves and burglars. However, in the event that someone does try to compromise your security, modern doors have inbuilt security measures that will, at the very least, severely hinder any attempts on your garage. For further information, speak to one of our fully-qualified advisors.
- Added value. Choosing the right garage door can add value to your home. Speak to any one of our professional staff and they’ll be able to advise you on the door that embraces all of the above factors, without compromising on aesthetic value.